Explore beneath the waves
Experience a full-day Great Barrier Reef snorkelling adventure taking you to selected moorings around Bait Reef – the closest of the outer reef locations. Accessed by our premium catamaran, guests snorkel directly off the vessel’s diving platform.
- Intimate. A boutique cruise operator. We operate by taking smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience
- Informative. Includes a reef interpretative presentation enroute
- Various sites. Visiting snorkelling sites around Bait Reef including Stepping Stones, Paradise Lagoon and Mantaray dropoff.
Departing at 8.00am from Hamilton Island or 7.00am from Shute Harbour, the full day tour visits two snorkel locations within Bait Reef. A minimum of 3.5 hours is spent on location within Bait Reef.
The reef is accessed by a vessel with hydraulically lowered stairs and platform that rests just below water level which makes access to the reef easy and comfortable. Snorkelling directly off the vessels stern means we can visit moorings which are quieter, keeping with the intimate feel of this tour.
The vessels also feature lounge style seating, air conditioned interior, partially shaded deck area and fresh water hot and cold showers onboard, ensuring guests will enjoy a premium cruising experience.
A sumptuous buffet style lunch is provided on the vessel, plus morning and afternoon tea.
Includes high quality Mares snorkelling gear & wetsuits/stinger suits and flotation jacket if required.
FULL DAY CRUISE WITH SNORKELLING PRICES:
- $285 per adult
- $140 per child (aged 5 – 14)
- Family Rate (2 adults and 2 children) – $710
FULL DAY CRUISE WITH DIVING
- $450 per adult (certified diver)
- $300 per child (certified diver)
All prices per person include GST and $6.50 Reef Tax
- Due to fluctuations in world oil prices it may be necessary to charge a fuel levy.
- Children must be 12 years and older to participate in diving. Divers aged 12 to 14 years old must dive with a certified parent or guardian. You must complete a diving medical questionnaire before being able to dive with us. All certified divers must produce their certification card or log book at the time of booking.
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years and over. Children under 5 years are welcome, however there are limitations with regards to their participation please contact our reservations team for details when booking..
NEED TO KNOW:
- Amenities: There are toilets and showers onboard
- Capacity: can operate with up to 60 guests with plenty of room
- Weather: at times the weather in the tropics can be unpredictable. An up to date weather report will be provided before departure and discuss in detail with you the scheduled plan for the day
- Wind and visibility: on occasions we can operate different destinations to provide the most enjoyable day possible. These options will be explained prior to departure
- Explore Group takes no liability for guests connecting to/from Hamilton Island on the day of this tour.