What’s Hamilton Island Like During School Holidays?
It’s exciting when island life becomes all about school holidays, as Hamilton Island is right now. Hamilton Island is the place to make the most of those precious few weeks during the year when they’re all yours to enjoy (and entertain!).
The perfect place to make memories
During school holidays Hamilton Island is absorbed in laughter, squeals of delight and all-round happiness. There’s a diversity of things to do, ways to eat and play, places to explore, world-class wonders and balmy tropical island surroundings.
We’re talking all levels of the luxury and convenience spectrum, with something for all ages.
Add to this the relaxed, contemporary comforts of the accommodation and services we will secure for you and you begin to see the appeal. (This includes a valet service to usher you to and from your accommodation, not to be underestimated!).
Here’s a snapshot of what our September School Holidays families have waiting for them today:
- Start with the Run Club at 6am if you love to greet the day with a run.
- Windsurfing and Catamaran lessons. Two of our Beach Sports that you can learn right here on the Coral Sea. Others include SUP and kayaking, snorkelling and a Deep Water Turtle Discovery.
- Cotton hair braiding, Buggy Rally, Kids Quads, water polo and volleyball (whole family invited to play), Go Karts, Moonlight Movies at the Hesperus Lawn, stargazing and group fitness classes. (Some days you might not get beyond Hamilton Island’s famous family pools and sun loungers.)
- Today’s tours include a fishing half-day charter, jet ski tours, snorkelling and diving the Great Barrier Reef, off road adventures, sail and swim Whitehaven Beach (widely acknowledged as one of the world’s best beaches), sea kayak adventure paddle, and a full day or sunset cruise.
- This evening’s entertainment? Cocktails at One Tree Hill, sunset drinks at Bommie Deck Bar, a sea kayak sunset paddle, twilight sailing, movies at the Yacht Club, a billiards competition at the Marina Tavern and live music at the Reef Lounge.
- Not forgetting the regular daily tours like sport fishing, Whitsunday cruises, dinghy hire (take the whole family out on the water), parasailing, island bowling, Reefworld and the Clownfish Club – drop the kids off for fun and games while you take some personal time for pampering or dining. (Babysitting also available courtesy of our in-house babysitters.)
Make sure the kids have their Island Passport
They’ll receive a stamp in their passport for each activity and a reward at check out for the number of stamps in their book. (Plus a keepsake that is bursting with good memories).
Book Now For Christmas School Holidays on Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island is magic for families over the Christmas school holidays. If we have one most important tip to give you it would be to book early. Once you have your booking you can sit down with the family and start planning your stay. Let the celebrations and enjoyment begin!
Call one of our friendly team on 1300 653 997 or contact Whitsunday Holidays.