Things To Do With Kids On Hamilton Island
There are many reasons why Hamilton Island is continually voted the ideal location for the perfect family holiday. But ask any child their reason, and they’ll tell you that, for them, Hamilton Island is nothing short of a kid’s paradise.
Loved by children of all ages for the abundance of activities and excursions that cater for every interest and ability, Hamilton Island has scooped multiple awards for its kid-friendly facilities, and overall quality family experience, including:
- Luxury Travel Magazine Gold List – Finalist for Best Australian Luxury Property for Families
- Australian Traveller 2016 People’s Choice Awards – Most Desirable Island Escape
- Out & About with Kids 2014 – Best of Family Travel Award
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Awards – Best Family Experience
- Holidays with Kids magazine – Top 10 Australian Family-Friendly Resorts
Hamilton Island Kid’s Activities & Excursions
Children of all ages are well-catered for across Hamilton Island, with a wide range of excursions, outings, experiences and tours designed to give a true taste of Hamilton Island’s lifestyle and showcase the best of the Whitsundays.
Whether your children’s tastes run from adventurous to relaxed, educational or interactive, artistic and creative, getting up close to nature, or plain old-fashioned fun, there’s something to keep every kid entertained on Hamilton Island, priced to suit any family’s budget (including many free activities).
Whitsunday Holidays – Hamilton Island’s leading accommodation agents and holiday specialists – have put together a list of ten activities that will appeal to kids of all ages (including the grown-up ones!) Be sure to add them to your list on your next Hamilton island family holiday:
- Splash and swim. For the ultimate in free family holiday fun, you can’t go past every kid’s favourite holiday activity: swimming. Hamilton Island boasts five family-friendly pools of varying style and depth. Relax in tropical landscaped surrounds, or enjoy a drink at a swim-up bar while the kids make a splash. As a bonus, every holiday home in Whitsunday Holiday’s portfolio comes with its own pool, so you can enjoy the privacy and comfort of your luxury surrounds. – Some homes have a private pool, others have a shared pool in the complex. There are a couple of villa exceptions that have neither and guests use the shared pools on the beach – only a short drive in the buggy from any accommodation.
- Quad Biking. Hamilton Island’s Quads for Kids delivers adrenalin pumping adventure to kids aged 6 – 14 years. Mini 50cc quad bike tours operate several times a day on safe, child-friendly purpose-built circuits. A popular activity, so bookings are essential.
- Dinghy Hire Take the family on a water-based adventure, and explore the Whitsundays at your own pace. Dinghy hire is available on a half or full day basis, giving you ample time to try your hand at fishing, snorkeling off secluded coves, or simply soaking up the ambience as you cruise some of Hamilton Islands lesser-visited bays.
- Cuddle a Koala. Visit WILD LIFE Hamilton Island for a uniquely Australian experience. Have your photo taken with a koala – or have breakfast with them – and enjoy a guided park tour where you’ll encounter a wide range of Australian wildlife, including, kangaroos, crocodiles, dingoes, reptiles and birds.
- Hamilton Island Bushwalking. Kids will love getting off the beaten track on the Island’s many walking tracks. Bushwalking is a great way to combine exercise and adventure with a twist of education. Keep your eyes peeled for native flora and fauna, venture to secluded beaches and coves, or for stronger legs, take the Passage Peak challenge and be rewarded with breathtaking Whitsunday views.
- Make a day of it at Catseye Beach. Join in a game of beach volleyball, build a sandcastle, or relax on the shady palm-fringed shores. Take to the warm crystal water for a snorkel or swim, or visit Hamilton Island Beach Sports and hire a kayak or standup paddleboard for a chance to spot sea turtles, rays, and scores of tropical fish.
- Family fun for everyone. For an activity the whole family will want to get involved in, try go-kart racing, bowling, or mini golf. Keen for a round of tennis? You can hire a court, or even book a professional coaching session.
- One Tree Hill Lookout Catch the island breeze with a refreshing mocktail or milkshake at the bar, or spread out with a picnic and experience an unforgettable sunset over the Whitsundays.
- Buggy Exploring. Kids just love the novelty of Hamilton Island’s buggies. With no cars on the island, buggies are the main mode of transport. They’re top family fun, and a great way to explore the Island’s marina, resort, and residential precincts. Every Whitsunday Holidays property comes equipped with at least one complimentary buggy (except Whitsunday Apartment 1302), which is a great saving on daily buggy hire fees.
- Clownfish Club. Sometimes kids just want to be left to do their own thing (and, let’s face it, so do the adults). The Clownfish Club caters for all ages, and is the perfect way for everyone to take a break from each other. The air-conditioned supervised environment offers a range of fun activities available across morning, afternoon or full-day sessions.
The Whitsunday Holiday’s top ten is just a snapshot of island-based kid’s activities, and the offshore list is just as extensive. Highlights include a half or full day excursion to beautiful Whitehaven Beach by high speed catamaran, or snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef and home to hundreds of species of coral and marine life.
For more information about things to do with kids on Hamilton Island, or to enquire about Whitsunday Holidays self-contained family-centred holiday accommodation options, call the friendly team on 1300 653 997.
*Awards Source cited: